I obviously consult an online guide for help locating the rest of the stones. I start off with some of the easiest, clearing out Whiterun, Riften, Windhelm, and Markarth. Most are easy to locate, although I pick up a couple of small fines along the way for trespassing. I'm sure the coin I'll make from Prowler's Profit will be worth it, though. I also end up exploring a few areas in the towns where I don't think I've ever been before - the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun, for example. Some places take a bit longer to access; for example, to get one of the stones in Markarth I need access to the Dwemer Museum, which means completing a short quest for one of the mages there.
A mighty Dwarven automaton on display in the Dwemer Museum in Markarth.
I then pick up the stones from Dead Crone Rock near Markarth, and Stony Creek Cave near Windhelm. These require me to fight my way through Forsworn and Bandits respectively, so take longer to complete, but there's nothing too challenging. I haven't travelled to that many places on the map so far, so actually getting to some of these places takes longer than actually finding the stone once I'm there.
By the end of about 2 hours, I've collected 10 stones, so I have 12 in total - half. That's a lot more than I was expecting, although the rest will probably take somewhat longer as they're mostly in dungeons and whatnot.

No comments:
Post a Comment