Sunday, November 12, 2023

Hour 34: Not so Vigilant

I arrive back at Windhelm with my trusty Riekling bodyguard. Tharon-Zul - Arch-mage of Winterhold, Saviour of Raven Rock, Scourge of Solstheim, Chieftain of the Rieklings of Thirsk, Devourer of Dragon Priests - has returned! Tremble, O Skyrim!

Level: 31

Magicka: 593
Health: 100
Stamina: 100

Conjuration: 100
Alteration: 72
Destruction: 51
Restoration: 52
Illusion: 29
Enchanting: 79
All other skills extremely low

Spells learned: 49
Favourite spell: Fire - Potent Flames (still - ugh)
Favourite school: Destruction (still don't see how this is possible tbh)

Locations discovered: 86
Dungeons cleared: 24
Days passed: 44
Gold found: 91,327

Quests completed: 25

Misc objectives completed: 16
People killed: 237
Animals killed: 208
Creatures killed: 148
Undead killed: 256
Daedra killed: 82
Automatons killed: 46
Assaults: 89
Murders: 17
Largest bounty: 6080
Total lifetime bounty: 9325

First things first, I head straight back to Shatterstone Mine, as I'm now confident I'll be able to climb up the previously-inaccessible ledge, thanks to my Big Jump mod. Sure enough, I easily leap up, and am able to proceed to the next part of the mine, Shatterstone Redoubt.

If this is a fan-made dungeon, it's certainly impressive

I slay the bandit leader and return to the Jarl of Falkreath for my reward. He allows me to purchase a plot of land for 5000 gold. I try it out as I've never built my own home in Skyrim before (or IRL, to be fair), but I quickly discover I'll need to traipse around looking for building materials, and I just don't have the patience for that. I'd rather just pay for a home and be done with it, not faff around 'crafting' stuff, so to save myself the coin I re-load and don't bother purchasing the plot of land. Instead, I'll purchase Breezehome in Whiterun once I've started the main quest. I'll most likely then transfer my items across from Severin Manor.

For now, though, I decide to seek out the Hall of the Vigilant in the northern mountains and visit destruction and ruination upon them for having the impertinence to worship Stendarr instead of Tharon-Zul. When I get there, to my great surprise I find someone has beaten me to it, and the hall is a smoking ruin littered with corpses:


No! Who has affronted me so by taking away my right to vengeance? I look around and find several dead vampires alongside the bodies of Vigilants. Vampires are clearly powerful and dangerous beings and therefore must be obliterated on my way to the domination of Tamriel. I'll seek out the Dawnguard to aid me in my destruction of these impertinent creatures. Of course, once the foolish Dawnguard have served their purpose, I'll destroy them too, for all shall fall to the wrath of Tharon-Zul!

No comments:

Post a Comment