Since I cleared out the exterior of Hag Rock Redoubt, I figure I might as well explore inside. It's a pretty small area though and not really a full Nordic ruin. I decide to visit a larger ruin afterwards to really see Prowlers Profit in action. I've previously discovered but never entered High Gate Ruins, far to the north, so I head there:
Upon entering, I come across a Nord named Anska who wants help retrieving a scroll from inside. I agree to help her, although if it's a powerful scroll that I could find useful I'll obviously keep it for myself and immolate her.
There are several levels to the ruins, and being a fully-fledged ancient Nordic ruin there are tons of burial urns everywhere. For the first time, I see how truly ridiculous Prowlers Profit is, and by the end of the dungeon I've collected what feels like it could easily be tens of thousands of gold worth of rare gems. It's so good that I think if and when I do my next playthrough (probably as a Khajit assassin) I'll try and collect all the Barenziah stones as early as possible so that I have this boon throughout my whole playthrough. How possible this will be remains to be seen, as some of the dungeons were no joke, but the reward is so great that I'll probably give it a go.
At the end of the dungeon there's a surprise Dragon Priest called Vokun, whom my Dremora Lords dispatch without too much effort. There's another mask my by chest in Severin Manor, then. I collect the scroll for Anska and there doesn't seem to be any option but to return it to her, and she repays me by giving me a spell tome for Flaming Familiar.
Returning to Raven Rock to offload my loot, I then try out the spell on the hapless guards and townsfolk (before re-loading the game). It's quite an interesting and unique spell - it summons flaming wolves who charge at the enemy and then explode after a few seconds. The problem is that all the explosions could damage my other summons, and also if an enemy is too far away when it's summoned it charges at me and explodes for some reason! Not a spell I'll be making use of, then.

No comments:
Post a Comment