Still no word from Ralis, so I decide to check out another barrow in the meantime - White Ridge Barrow, to the north-east. It's fairly unusual in that it's largely populated by various strange breeds of spider. Fortunately they're only small compared to the foul and disgusting Frostbite spiders found on the mainland, but they prove to be even more deadly, for an annoyingly high percentage of them are 'Jumping Flame Spiders' - that is, they literally launch themselves across the screen at their enemy, and then explode like a bomb! Each explosion enough to destroy or at least severely weaken a Dremora Lord, and these spiders are in no short supply, so it's a hard slog. I'm very impressed that the game has incorporated an entirely new locomotion option, and attack option, for an enemy, as I don't recall any other creature being able to fling itself across the screen in such a manner.
Eventually I discover the origin of these strange and deadly arachnids: the meddlings of a mad scientist, who managed to use rubies to imbue albino spiders with a fiery essence using this strange contraption:


No comments:
Post a Comment