Saturday, November 25, 2023

Hour 59: Low in Highpoint

After a perfunctory investigation, I learn that an enemy of Neloth's (a former apprentice of his - actually it sounds like he 'experimented' on her, so I'm not sure her attacks are entirely unjustified) is holed up in Highpoint tower. I head to the tower which looks out across the southern part of the island. Previously this tower didn't have an entrance and was nothing more than a geographical feature. Now part of it has fallen away to reveal an entrance - it's nice that there's now a dungeon in the central part of this region, instead of it being a large expanse of nothingness.

Inside the tower is crawling with Ash Spawn, so I slog through to the end with the aid of my Dremora. At one point an Ash Guardian is summoned by the enemy, which proves to be a potent adversary, but once my minions close in on it it can't withstand their powerful flaming attacks.

During my rampage through the ruins I come across a prisoner - an experimental subject awaiting the same fate which Neloth's former apprentice experienced at the hands of Neloth, it seems - asking to be freed. I free her and she starts giving me her life story so I immolate her immediately. Tharon-Zul's unholy unholy fire does not discriminate. Weirdly, I get a 'bounty' added for killing her, which then immediately removed due to the 'last witness' (i.e., she herself) being killed.

After slaying Neloth's nemesis, I return to Tel Mithryn only to find Neloth hostile! He attacks me and I have to re-load. After trying unsuccessfully a few more time, I instead head to Raven Rock, only to find that the Redoran Guard have also turned against me! I can only assume it's because of the killing of the captive earlier - ridiculous, as she was just a lowly outlaw and there were no witnesses anyway. I slay a few of the guards before making my escape from town.

Tharon-Zul scowls out at Raven Rock from across the ash-plain, plotting his next move.



No comments:

Post a Comment