Friday, November 10, 2023

Hour 29: How Enchanting

I spend most of this hour engaged in an 'Enchanting grind', filling up soul gems wherever possible and churning out low-level enchanted items to improve my skill. My upgraded posse is quite the sight roaming the ash-plains of Solstheim:


Grinding in this way causes me to level up a couple of times, too, and each time I return to Neloth for some Enchanting training, which is eye-wateringly expensive. The end result is that I get my Enchanting up to the low-60's, and invest a few skill points in the tree too. 

I also installed a mod called 'BIG Jump 5x', which lets me jump 5 times higher (and prevents any associated falling damage, although if you fall a long way you still take damage and die like normal). It's a small quality-of-life upgrade that just allows me to climb to interesting places a lot more easily, and I explain it away as some kind of permanent magical ability. I'm able to jump to the very top of Highpoint Tower for a better view, for example.

During one of my returns to Raven Rock to either sell items or check my soul gems, I notice Mogrul wandering around. I've been beset by his 'thugs' a few times now, and I'm just not going to take it any more. Striding into the centre of town with my entourage of incredibly intimidating Dremora Lords, the veil of nicety is starting to fall somewhat from Tharon-Zul, and the townsfolk are visibly wary. Without warning, I immolate Mogrul in full view of everyone.

A Dunmer weeps over Mogruls immolated corpse

Even though I'm the 'saviour of Raven Rock', I guess I'm still not allowed to immolate townsfolk, though, and a Redoran Guard tries to arrest me. With my army of Daedra I could most likely wipe out the entire Guard along with the rest of the town, but that might make things awkward when it comes to returning to my Manor on the edge of town, so I decide against it. They let me off with a 40-gold fine, which seems quite a cheap price for immolating Mogrul, and handily saves me 960 gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment