Thursday, November 9, 2023

Hour 21: Back to the Barrow

There are two things I want to do straight away, the first of which is check on Ralis at that ongoing Kolbjorn barrow dig which I'm funding. Predicatbly, he's unearthed new chambers which then unleashed more Draugr who slaughtered all the miners again. I clear out the Draugr, finding another part of the unique Ahzidal's magic items set (a ring this time) in the process. Ralis wants 3000 gold to continue this time, as he'll need to hire mercenaries. Fine - in for a penny, in for 3000 gold, I guess. No point stopping now.

I then head to Fort Frostmoth to finish the 'March of the Dead' quest for Captain Veleth. The town is being plagued by Ash Spawn attacks (in fact it was an Ash Spawn which killed Neloth's previous apprentice) and I previously discovered that they were somehow being sent from Fort Frostmoth.

Upon arrival, I see that the Ash Spawn I slew before have now respawned, so I dispatch them with the help of skeletal frost mages. Ash Spawn are fairly unusual and annoying adversaries. They're very resistant to fire, which is my preferred Destruction spell, they're tough in general, they have a powerful ranged fireball spell that can pretty much one-shot me, but they also close in for melee combat, where they're very deadly too.

Fort Frostmoth silhouetted by the stunning Aurora in the sky

I head into the Fort, which turns out to be a relatively quick affair, and track down 'General Falx Carius', a commander from centuries prior who had been reanimated by a necromancer and then believed he was still in a war and the Ash Spawn, which he somehow commanded, were his soldiers. My skeleton thugs soon put paid to his little insurrection, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment