I head to Thirk Mead Hall and speak to the Riekling Chieftain. I undertake a couple of menial tasks for him - recapturing a prized boar, and gathering up 10 samples of a particular plant. The plant (I can't remember its name) grows mostly in the ashy southern parts of the island, between Tel Mithryn and Fort Frostmoth. As I pass by Tel Mithryn I view it in darkness, which looks amazing:
Therefore I become Chieftain of the tribe, and am able to have a Riekling follower. In addition, Rieklings sometimes randomly show up when I'm fighting an enemy. At first I baulked at thus turn of events, and considered wiping out all the Rieklings post-haste, but I decided that, as creatures of evil, carnage, and chaos, the Rieklings would make for convenient allies in my quest for world domination. Civilisation is anathema to them, and as Tharon-Zul shall destroy the current civilisation of Tamriel, they may as well come along for the ride.
One of my skeletons eyes its new companion with distrust
I've long thought that I need to improve my Enchanting abilities, and after completing this quest I set about the task, purchasing the Soul Trap spell from Neloth's apprentice. I also note that he has a bunch of other spells for sale which would be suitable upgrades for my ageing Skeleton spell - I purchase Summon Dremora Lord, Summon Seeker, and Summon Storm Atronach, all of which are permanent summons (finally I can have a proper Seeker horde!). This costs a huge amount of gold, however.
I head back to Raven Rock to check what soul gems I have and get to leveling up my Enchanting.


No comments:
Post a Comment