I'm now laden with items, some very expensive, and need to sell them off. I remember Windhelm being unexpectedly beautiful due to the graphics/lighting mods in 'Return to Skyrim', so decide to head there. Rather than trek back around the mountains (via Fort Dunstad) I decide to make for Wayward Pass, a more direct route. I travel along the bleak northern shore for some way, and come across an Argonian making camp in the wilds:
I try to attack him - Tharon-Zul has no scruples and will murder and and all in the pursuit of more power - but he's decked out in dragon gear and I stand no chance. I move on, slaying wolves and more Horkers, and before long I reach level 2, allowing me to summon 2 skeletons.
By the power of two skeletons, I shall rule this land
I pass Frostflow Lighthouse, but decline to investigate it. If I remember rightly, there are tunnels to a filthy Falmer den below it, and you have to fight a Chaurus. Not interested.
Before reaching Wayward Pass, I stumble upon the ruins of Alftand. Although I'm not interested in scummy Falmer hovels, the Dwemer ruins which lie above them are something I'm extremely interested in. Who knows what unholy relics lie undisturbed within those ancient places, waiting for the arrival of a sorcerer with the power to wield them? In order to gather as much power as possible. I'll need to explore these cursed ruins at some point. As I furtively poke around the ruins, I see a terrifying sight ahead. It turns out to be a Frost Giant, which I don't remember ever seeing before. Strangely, it's named, and doesn't attack me:
It won't talk to me, however. After several unsuccessful attempts to slay it, I realise that if I stand inside the ruined hut and Flame it, it can't reach me but I can whittle it down.
I then start to explore the Dwemer ruins, but only get as far as slaying a couple of spider guardian-things before realising I have very little carrying capacity left. I may as well return at a later point. Onwards to Windhelm!
The rest of the journey is surprisingly uneventful. I discover the Nightgate Inn, which looks out onto some even more impressive Dwemer ruins, which I'll return to at some point. I traverse a long, bleak stretch of frozen lakes, before passing through Anga's Mill, and finally into Windhelm.
Just outside of Windhelm, I come across a merchant with 26,000 gold - she must be part of a mod. It's very convenient, as I'm able to sell all my gear to her in one go instead of going to multiple merchants. Alltold, I now have 3295 gold. Selling the expensive Daedric gear also caused me to level up to level 3. I allocate a point to conjuration dual casting. Even though I won't need it, it allows me to have 3 summons.
I wander around Windhelm for a bit before heading to Candlehearth Hall and picking up a quest from a sea-captain to slay some mutinous crewmen or something. He'll pay me a whole year's salary for it, so I can hardly refuse. I'm to head to Lost Knife Hideout, in the south, to locate my quarry.
Candlehearth Hall looks amazing in the evening with the surreal lighting mod.




No comments:
Post a Comment